As a food lover who is not only fussy but also has allergies to diary and eggs getting food right is important and can be quite stressful especially when there is a language barrier.
Here are some tips that you should use when in a new city looking for great food to eat.
- Ask your friends – If they have been to the destination before. When you have had a great meal when out of town or on holiday you tend to remember it.
- Ask social media – Use your social networks. They have a wealth of knowledge so it’s always a great option.
- Trip advisor – This can be great and not only are restaurants ranked they also have recent reviews which can be really helpful.
- Ask the concierge or your airbnb host – They will have great local knowledge and can always have some great suggestions.
- Read blog posts – Many bloggers will add in recommendations of wear to eat in their posts so do some research before your trip.
Tip: I also use google translate to make sure the restaurants understand the allergies I have.
Next week I will be sharing 5 great places to eat when in Marseille.