We all start the year off with great intentions and as the year comes to an end we look back on all that we have or haven’t achieved….
Well I have completed much of what I had set out to do, and some things are still a work in progress. So here is how I did!
Overall grade: C+
This year I wanted to have some plans that could be achieved, here were my 5 resolutions!
1) This year I really wanted to push out the boundaries and go to places I’ve never been before my first trip will be to Mauritius a beautiful island in the Indian Ocean. I have also planned a 3 day stop over in the Dubai in the Middle East (making in my trip two holidays in one).
Results: So I loved Mauritius and would definitely like to go back and see more of Island. The people are friendly the weather is great and there is so much to do that I definitely want to go back. 3 Days in Dubai was the shortest amount of time I have spent there is was great to see a few friends but if I’m honest I will we had another day there, time went to quickly.
My second trip that I hadn’t planned by the new year was somewhere in Europe I had never been.
Results: Marseille, France. It was booked last-minute [The week before]. The weather was wonderful it was a little more expensive than I thought it would be but the exchange rate has really hurt the pound this year. I would go back but there is so much more of the south of France I would still like to see.
My third trip to Iceland.
Results: It didn’t happen 😦 but I have it planned for 2018 🙂
2) My second resolution was to try new things like scuba-diving, indoor skydiving, zip lining and a water submersible / mini submarine.
Results: It didn’t happen, I had to get permission to scuba dive from my doctor, so that has slowed things down. Now I have got the go ahead so I will definitely be planning this for 2018 and the indoor skydiving is planned for February.
3) My third resolution is to be healthy this is something that always try to do but fail at miserably. This year I aimed to eat better and keep fit consistently and stay as well if possible. This will be my hardest challenge but I thought it was achievable.
Results: I started personal training once a week at the beginning of the year. I have definitely not achieved my goals, but I am fitter than I was and it is still a work in progress. My eating has been inconsistent, I eat better but I also fall of and eat junk too.
4) My fourth resolution is to be happy, doesn’t everybody wanna be happy? Not sure how this one will go but I plan to start and finish every day happy.
Results: I’m happy 🙂 but there are days when I am not.
5) My fifth resolution for the year is to eat beautiful food and try new cuisines that I’ve never had before.
Results: I have tried Mauritian food and Grenadian food, not that adventurous, I must try harder.